We are constantly developing new ways to improve the user experience (UX), governance, and provisioning in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams for all our customers. Our aim is to save end users time, increase their efficiency as well as enhance their productivity.
So, take a look at some new and existing features that markedly improve the UX, governance, and provisioning in which ever digital workspaces you and your teams are working in.
How to improve the UX in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
There are some easy ways you can improve the UX in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- Ensure provisioning engines are configurable at template level – Select a Patterns & Practices (PnP) template, a Site Template (former Site Designs), and Microsoft Teams template to apply additional artefacts such as “custom lists” to your collaboration spaces (see image below).
- Create instant workspaces – Reduce the time your end users have to wait for their collaboration spaces by creating them in parallel, rather than sequentially.
- Simplify how customers access and share product documentation – Make access to the product-related documentation a breeze so you can easily share documentation articles with your customers and their end users can re-share documentation articles within their organizations.
- Make workspace creation more intuitive – Benefit from a process that puts the users’ needs in focus and provides user-friendly steps. Take the decision from the end users by removing or predefining the value for some steps (see image below).
How to improve governance in Microsoft Teams
The rapid adoption of Microsoft Teams during the pandemic has left many IT departments struggling to control Teams’ sprawl. Yet there are several quick ways you can improve the governance in this platform.
- Implement a lifecycle policy – Introduce a lifecycle for a team, say for example, 90 days, 6 months, two years. At the end of this period archive the team and set it to “read-only” or hide it. Alternatively, notify “owners” and ask if these teams can be archived or deleted (see image below).
- Auto-archive teams or groups based on inactivity – If the solution above isn’t possible, simply introduce an auto-archive policy based on inactivity. For example, set a policy that if a team or site has been inactive for more than, let’s say, six months it will automatically be archived.
- Identify “owners” for each team – Owners of a Microsoft Team are the people who manage a specific team, either because they created it or were assigned to it. Yet many teams quickly become “orphaned” as people leave the business, contributing to the sprawl. Identify orphaned teams and allocate new owners or archive redundant ones to rapidly improve governance.
- Identify less active teams – Some collaboration spaces are used more frequently than others. Use reporting or an overview of your workspaces to identify the period when collaboration spaces have been accessed.
How to improve provisioning in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
Improving the provisioning is all about controlling and defining processes around how your collaboration spaces are created. Providing good provisioning from the outset makes it easier to empower self-service users. Here are a couple of tips how you can do this:
- Configure communication sites templates – Make it simpler for your Valo Intranet users by creating the same template structure across all your communication sites. This makes it so much easier to roll-out Intranet features, such as Blogs, Events Hub, and FAQs, and a whole lot more (see image below).
- Configure and extend out-of-the-box or custom-built templates for Microsoft Teams – Apply all governance and provisioning options to Teams templates to make it easy for users to create specialist teams with their own governance rules. For example, in the education sector, classrooms, staff-teams, and PLC teams.
For Valo Partners – head to the Partner Hub for more details about how Valo Teamwork 5.0 release will improve the UX, governance and provisioning in SharePoint and Microsoft Teams for your customers.
For new customers, get in touch and book a demo to find out how Valo Teamwork can rapidly improve provisioning and governance in your digital workplace.