We believe that people are the heart of any successful organization. Our aim is to ensure employee engagement wherever they work. Therefore, we provide a digital workplace that is easy to fall in love with. Beyond the corporate communications and agile collaboration, Valo provides tools for culture creation and effective organization development.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be designing and refining loved and award-winning Valo products with millions of end users globally. You will have the possibility to work with the Valo product family including multiple different products and help shape their future. You will also have a unique opportunity to take part in shaping our working culture and newly formed design team.
Your tasks as UI/UX Designer include e.g.
- Designing the UI/UX for new features and interfaces for our products
- Collaborating with product management to refine ideas into wireframes, storyboards or concept drafts
- Helping in developing new ways to unify and improve design-related workflows along with our design team
- Contribute to our own design processes
You’ll get to work with a highly talented team of other Designers, Developers, QA specialists as well as a nice bunch of Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and Marketing and Sales enthusiasts from around the world as we are a global company.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
We are looking for an innovative and creative person with visual and end-user-first way of thinking. You have several years of relevant work experience in positions related to UI/UX Design and experience in agile and lean ways of working with products. We also appreciate service design and concepting experience. You are enthusiastic and eager to learn and not afraid to think outside of the box.
We are looking for a professional in Germany, Netherlands or Finland. Please note that we’re not able to sponsor any visas at the moment.
Requirements to succeed in this role:
- Solid track record of working experience in relevant position in UI/UX or service design
- Relevant education and/or proven track record
- Passion for good UI/UX and understanding what makes user experience great
- Understanding of design processes and how to utilize them
- Competent in UI Design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma or others)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft product family and M365 ecosystem (Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Fluent written and spoken English
Also mention in your application if you…
- Have experience in performing customer studies and planning and executing workshops
- Actively follow trends and new technologies in UI/UX Design field
- Have experience in conceptual work
- Have a portfolio of previous achievements and work experience
- Have experience from agile project work with developers and other product team members
- Have experience with accessibility standards (WCAG)
- Have knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Have knowledge and experience working with SharePoint
Why join Valo?
At Valo we have a modern and international working environment with a great working culture, including team mates from all over the globe! As a Staffbase company, we are the largest and fastest-growing internal communications tech company in the world. With us you feel that sense of belonging regardless of working remotely and having virtual teams.
This is full-time position with employment benefits, a flexible working environment and an excellent opportunity to grow and learn from highly creative talents!
How to apply
Could you be our new UI/UX Designer?
Click the button below to answer a few questions and leave your contact information. We aim to answer all the applications within a week from receiving them and if you seem like a match, we will call you for more information.
Looking forward to hearing from you!